Storm King's Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin
https://stormkingsthunder.forumotion.com

Sewer Battle - LIVE Empty Sewer Battle - LIVE

Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 am
Initiative Order:
1. Dorn
2. Riardon
3. Wererats
4. Thrak
5. Guards
6. Hugo
7. Zayn Fenran

To Hit:
Wererat - 12
Mysterious Human - 12
Guard - 16
Thrak - 16
Riardon - 16
Dorn - 16
Hugo - 13

Running Total XP:
Thrak 400
Dorn 1,450
Riardon 475
Hugo 250

Dorn- Official Rules for shooting into melee combat: An enemy in melee combat that is slightly obscured by another creature gains Half Cover. This grants them a +2 bonus to Armor Class. From your current positioning, every single enemy has Half Cover. This may seem bad but you are still pretty likely to hit them with your +9 bonus. You would only hit a friendly creature on a natural 1.

Sewer Battle - LIVE Zoomed25

Last edited by Dungeon Master on Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 am; edited 20 times in total
Dorn Moonbrook

Sewer Battle - LIVE Empty Re: Sewer Battle - LIVE

Tue May 15, 2018 6:06 pm
I shoot the werebear twice and hit for 23 damage.

The werebear roars in pain as both silver-tipped arrows bury themselves into his chest. His head snaps up, and he locks his furious gaze onto Dorn.
Riardon
Riardon

Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 am
I strike Wererat 6 with my silver rapier for 7 damage.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Wererat 2 hits Guard 2, dealing 7 damage.
Wererat 3 critically hits Thrak, dealing 16 damage.
Wererat 7 hits Guard 7, dealing 11 damage and killing him.
Wererat 8 hits Guard 8, dealing 8 damage.
Thrak
Thrak

Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm
I summon my strength and with muttered prayer plunge my Silver War Pick into Were Rat #4 (with Divine Smite). Dealing 26 damage.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Wed May 16, 2018 8:05 pm
As Thrak's devastating blow smashes down on the Wererat, Guard 3 sees his chance. As the Wererat staggers back from the force of Thrak's war pick, Guard 3 plunges forward with his spear and skewers the rat through his heart. The beastly creature falls to the ground, dead. Thrak 400xp

On the other side of Thrak, Guards 1 and 2 beset upon the already heavily injured Wererat 1. After two decisive spear thrusts, this Wererat joins his brethren, laying in a pool of his own blood. I want to say that it was Dorn that did the initial damage on this guy. If so, Dorn 350xp

Wererats 2 and 3 are visibly shaken, and look to want to have nothing to do with the angry, righteous half-orc in front of them.

Guard 4 strikes Wererat 6, dealing 3 damage.

Sov Kidar and Guard 6 move north, and together with Guard 8 they deal 9 damage to Wererat 7.

Guards 9 and 10 look in shock at the lifeless body of Hugo before them. Then, seeing their allies slay two of the foul ratmen, they grasp their spears and with a loud cry charge at the monstrous Werebear. Each of their spears lands true, and they deal 8 damage to the Werebear.

Last edited by Dungeon Master on Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm
In the back room, the man continues leaning against the sarcophagus, watching the melee in front of him unfold with piercing eyes. He casually tosses a glass flask in his right hand. The body at his feet lies motionless.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm
The Werebear lets out a terrifying roar and grabs the guard closest to him, lifting him into the air. With a sickening crunch, the Werebear hurls the guard at the corridor wall, and the poor soldier collapses to the ground, dead. The Werebear takes a swipe at the other guard but misses, and with a roar of frustration shoves past him and charges Dorn.

As the Werebear passes, Guard 10 is able to get in an opportunity attack and deals 7 damage to the Werebear.

The Werebear ends his turn 10 feet from Dorn.

Last edited by Dungeon Master on Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dorn Moonbrook

Wed May 16, 2018 10:36 pm
I launch two arrows at the werebear that both hit and do a total of 29 damage. Then I sprint down the hallway to my left as far as I can.
Hugo
Hugo

Thu May 17, 2018 12:25 am
9.....I rolled a 9.....
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 am
Sometimes it's really enjoyable to just read the dice rolls...

Sewer Battle - LIVE 5-17-210

On Dorn's 2nd roll he literally rolled the highest on everything.
Riardon
Riardon

Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 pm
I think better of using a weapon I am less than familiar with and proceed to slash with my Rapier! Sadly it is just a healthy paper cut of damage with a whopping total of 7 dealt!
Riardon
Riardon

Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 pm
This was to Warerat 7 this time...cheeky bastard
Hugo
Hugo

Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm
“I’m back bitches!!!” Hugo yells as he gets up. (I rolled a 15.)

Whenever I’m supposed to do this I do this.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 pm
Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish but you need 3 successes before you alive.

Sewer Battle - LIVE Kanye_10
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 pm
With a snarl, Wererat 2 lunges at Guard 2 and buries his teeth into the man's neck. As the man falls to the ground dead, the wererat jumps over his body and slashes at Guard 1, dealing 6 damage.

Wererat 3 moves towards Guard 3 and slashes twice, connecting on one swipe and dealing 7 damage.

Wererat 6 retaliates against Riardon, and slashes wildly with his claws. Riardon maintains his composure and deftly dodges both swipes.

Wererat 7 strikes a glancing blow against Sov Kidar's heavy plate mail, and deals 3 damage.

As Guard 8 looks towards Sov, he realizes too late that he is separated from the group. Wererat 8 drives his claws into the man's throat and drives him to the ground, severing his head in the process.

Last edited by Dungeon Master on Thu May 17, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hugo
Hugo

Thu May 17, 2018 2:47 pm
Sewer Battle - LIVE E293a710
Thrak
Thrak

Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 am
I roar in Orcish Rage and as a bonus Action cast Vow of Enmity against WereRat #3 (Gain advantage on attack rolls for 1 min, or until Wererat #3's HP falls to 0).  I call to guard number 3 to help and slam my War Pick into Wererat #3 for 13 damage.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 am
Guard 10, seeing that Hugo is still hanging on to life, attempts to stabilize him. He is successful, and Hugo is now stable. This means that you no longer have to make death saving throws. You are still at 0hp, and will return to 1hp in 2 hours, unless healed by other means before then. Guard 10 then turns and positions himself between the Werebear and Hugo.

Guard 1 stabs at Wererat 2 and deals 4 damage.
Guard 5 spears Wererat 6 and deals 6 damage.
Sov Kidar strikes Wererat 7 and deals 5 damage.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am
In the back room, there is a terrifying shriek, and the combat momentarily stops as everyone turns their attention to the sound. The man that was previously leaning on the sarcophagus is crouched down on one knee, violently shaking. The shattered remains of a glass vial lie on the ground at his feet. Suddenly, he leaps high into the air, and is momentarily lost from view.

With a thud, the man lands in the doorway to the back room, but he is no longer a man. The now-familiar features of a Wererat have taken over, yet this man is much larger. The stone floor on which he landed is now cracked. The monstrosity turns his attention to the combat, as it resumes.

In a bestial voice he shouts: "The Fenran clan once ruled Waterdeep. I, Zayn Fenran, will restore to our family what is rightfully ours!"

With a single hand, Zayn rips off of its hinges one of the double doors, then cracks it over his knee, forming two large clubs.

"And nobody will stand in my way."
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Fri May 18, 2018 1:26 pm
Seeing his prey disappear from sight, the Werebear spins around, and sees a guard standing in front of Hugo's body, facing his direction with spear brandished. With a bloodthirsty roar the Werebear thunders down the hallway, and with two mighty paws swings twice at the man. However, the guard has collapsed from fright at the sight of the ferocious creature barreling towards him, and as he falls to the ground, both of the Werebear's attacks swing over his head and fail to connect.

Luckiest guard NA.
Dorn Moonbrook

Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 pm
After losing the werebear I turn around and run to the corner of the hallway and take aim at the werebear again. I launch another 2 arrows at him both connect for a total of 22 damage. I think surely he must be feeling the pain of these blows by now...
Hugo
Hugo

Fri May 18, 2018 3:33 pm
“You know who else is feeling pain?” A disembodied voice whispers in Dorns ear...

Dorn feels the shade in the whisper.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Fri May 18, 2018 6:56 pm
Dorn's arrows thud into the Werebear's body, a body already pierced by many other arrows and cuts. The creatures fur glistens with a mixture of blood and sweat, and streams of the filth run off him and onto the corridor floor, pooling at his feet. The Werebear's breath comes in ragged, guttural growls, and as he stands head and shoulders above the others, his gaze turns to Zayn Fenran, standing in the doorway beyond the melee. Though his eyes have turned to the bestial personage of a bear, they betray sorrow.
Riardon
Riardon

Fri May 18, 2018 7:42 pm
Hearing the Werebear let out a bloodthirsty roar, I glanced back to see that Hugo had regained consciousness and was squarely in the bear's war path. I knew I must act. With one swift motion I knelt down, grabbed the spear of the fallen guardsmen, and hurled the spear with all my might at the charging beast. I dealt a whopping 14 (double) damage. I quickly turned my attention to the Wererat directly in front of me. With a slash of my blade I only managed a partial hit on him as he nearly dodged my blade. 2 Damage dealt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum