Storm King's Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin
https://stormkingsthunder.forumotion.com

Hunting the Chimera Empty Hunting the Chimera

Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 pm
Dorn and Riardon have narrowly escaped encountering the chimera directly, while Hugo and Thrak have talked with farmers on the south side of Greenest and learned a bit more about the creature.

Hunting the Chimera Chimer10
Riardon
Riardon

Hunting the Chimera Empty Re: Hunting the Chimera

Thu May 24, 2018 1:32 pm
We need to do some serious planning on how to defeat and hide from this thing. Dorn and I need to track it to its lair too so we can get an idea of how defensible the area is. Need to look into getting some meat shields, sheeps skin and fresh blood for bait, spells and arrows on deck, and some hopes and prayer.

Anyone have any preliminary thoughts? Without giving away too much strategy to the DM?

He's talking about "not giving away too much strategy to the DM" because I'm not pulling any punches when you fight this thing. You know what it is, where it is, and have all the time in the world to prepare. In previous battles y'all have had, I may have made an enemy take a "sub-optimal" move so that it wasn't too brutal or unforgiving for you. Not the case with this thing, especially since it's just the one. I'm going to be trying to kill you.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm
BOOM. SQUIRREL.

Hunting the Chimera 2018-011

Nothing happens, I just saw this and had to post it.
Riardon
Riardon

Thu May 24, 2018 2:12 pm
Oh this just made my day right here!!!
Hugo
Hugo

Sat May 26, 2018 5:16 pm
This needs to happen at some point!
Hugo
Hugo

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:15 pm
After talking with the farmers, Hugo turns the thrak, “I seriously doubt we’re going to get anything more from these presents! Let’s head back to town. Perhaps the others have decided to turn up. Besides, I have business to attend to in town ”

Once in town, Hugo locates the nearest blacksmith/armor.  Upon walking in, “good day sir! Are you skilled enough at your craft to make me a bolas?”
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:20 pm
The blacksmith informs you that he already has many bolas available for sale. The farmers that live in and around Greenest frequently use bolas to stop or hinder rampaging bulls and rams, so he keeps a well-stocked supply. A single bola costs 1gp, or you can buy a pack of five bolas for 4gp.

It is a martial ranged weapon, probably want to check your proficiencies. However, since you can use a pistol you are most likely good to go.
Hugo
Hugo

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:08 pm
“Excellent! I’ll take two packs of 5!” Hugo tosses 8gp on the counter. “What else you got mate?”
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:33 pm
The blacksmith sells your typical weapons- basic swords, hammers, axes, and spears which are all used by the Greenest militia. In addition to weapons, he has a limited selection of armor, mostly chainmail with a few pieces of plate male. He also sells some of the various things required by farmers, such as horseshoes, various metal parts for wagons and plows, butcher cleavers, and rolls of barbed wire.

This is also the only blacksmith in town.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 pm
Below is a picture of the clearing with the grid. Recap-

Hugo and Dorn bought component pouches.
Hugo got 5 sheep and a cart for free from a farmer, with full assurance that he would return everything.
Dorn and Riardon brought 3 wolf pups back from the den in the woods, and are keeping them in one of the rooms on the boat. The white wolf pup trusts Dorn.
Thrak acquired 3 vials of toxin from the local doctor.
Derrick put the ballista from the boat onto the cart, and the cart (with the 5 sheep in it) was taken out to the clearing in the woods. (Is it just 4 sheep now? Wasn't one killed?)

Hunting the Chimera Cleari10
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum