Storm King's Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin
https://stormkingsthunder.forumotion.com

Waterdeep - Dorn & Hugo Empty Waterdeep - Dorn & Hugo

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:57 pm
On your way to New Olamn...

Last edited by Dungeon Master on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Hugo
Hugo

Waterdeep - Dorn & Hugo Empty Re: Waterdeep - Dorn & Hugo

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Hugo stops in his tracks.

“Uh... Derrick, run back to our paddle boat and grab that.....’stuff’ you left there!”
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Derrick looks at Hugo blankly for several seconds. Slowly, understanding dawns on his face. "Oh... er... right... our STUFF." After which he gives Hugo a big wink, and then turns around and runs off.
Dorn Moonbrook

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:06 pm
Dorn eyes Derrick as he runs off and turns to Hugo.  "What stuff may I ask? Something to help in our mission no doubt.."
Hugo
Hugo

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 am
"What?!...Oh! Ha! Of course! Indeed! Just something to put the warmth back in these bones on a rainy day, you know?"
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:22 am
As you make your way to the New Olamn Bardic College, you find yourself in the Castle Ward. This area is much more heavily populated with city guard than the other wards, and everything lies under the shadow of Silverhand's Palace and Castle Waterdeep. To make the bard's college more accessible, a tunnel was bored through the northern spur of Mount Waterdeep to provide access to New Olamn. The Melody Mount Walk tunnel is staffed by a contingent of the guard at all times (two guards are placed at each end of the Walk) and lit with magical glowing gems that brighten or change color according to any sound in their vicinity. Arriving at the other end of the tunnel, you see the college laid out before you. The college is made up of what used to be several villas that were donated by wealthy families to serve as the campus for the college.

As you venture through the Castle Ward, you also notice a much lesser presence of rats than in the Dock and Trade Wards.
Hugo
Hugo

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:12 pm
“Right. We’re looking for an old, wirey, eccentric halfling called Gelivir.”
Dorn Moonbrook

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:23 pm
"A halfling huh? We might want to ask around here what they are doing to keep the rat level down as opposed to the other Wards. Hopefully he has some interesting information for us regarding the vonindod. I'll let you do the talking since these are your people after all."
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41 pm
You spend some time inquiring around as to the whereabouts of Gelivir. It takes a bit longer than you would hope, as most of the residents of the college, upon seeing Hugo, seem to want to be anywhere else but here. You finally get a straight answer out of a student who seems to be new to the college and doesn't recognize either of you. He points you to the eastern courtyard, where upon arriving you see a thin, white-haired halfling sitting at a concrete fountain with a fishing rod, intently staring into the shallow water.

As you approach, Gelivir greets you- "Aye there laddie, just in time for supper! I reckon any minute now I'll get a bite! I see they've allowed you to walk freely about campus again! Burning down the dormitories, ahaha, what a great joke! Knew they'd come to their senses eventually, eh Darryl? Though it's a shame, all that good liquor burning up."
Dorn Moonbrook

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:56 pm
I shoot a sideways glance at Hugo, " I should have known your reputation would have been less than favorable wherever we go...."
Hugo
Hugo

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:27 pm
“Ah pay no mind to that! They’re just jealous! I was the star student here before I was wrongfully accused and thrown out! Old Gelivir here forgets it was that Beiro Xiloscient who started the fire! I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Isn’t that right Keefly?” Hugo calles this out to a oldish looking elf who was standing close behind a pillar watching but quickly speedwalks away once spotted. “Hmph! Such a warm welcome we’ve gotten here.”
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:40 pm
Gelivir suddenly tugs on his fishing line, and yanks a sizable trout out of the fountain. "Aha! Told ya I would be getting a bite soon!" He promptly tosses the fish back in the fountain. "I'm gonna get ya next time you blackguard!"

He turns his attention more directly to you two. "Anyhows, what you doing around these parts laddie?"
Hugo
Hugo

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:50 am
After taking a moment to compose himself after watching the old Halfy catch a fish in the fountain, Hugo put on his confident grin again.

“Uh...ahem....it’s good to see you’re just as confusing as always, you old coot! But getting to the point we’re looking for any interesting tidbits you all might know of about a funny thing called the Vonindod? And in particular how one would aquire one of its eyeballs? If it’s not too much to ask?”
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
"Ah, the Vonindod, the great dragon built by the war machines to fight the giants... er... wait that's not right. Pesky kobolds. Ah well, found it have ya? Eyeball you say? The Vonindog was as I recall a construct of metal, that thick adamanthingy stuff, so I don't reckon it would have eyeballs... not the fleshy squishy type anyhow! Nay, but rumor has it that the Jonintog did have eyes! Two great rubies, each the size of a great pumpkin! With these eyes the Foningrog would... well I reckon it would look at things..."

Gelivir appears to be deep in thought.
Dorn Moonbrook

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:57 pm
Whispering to Hugo, 'This is the man who we are seeking information from? Seems like he's not quite all there.."
Hugo
Hugo

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:16 pm
whispering

“I tell you he’s the wisest bard in the west! He just drank a few too many of Kelbrin’s ’experiments’ in his earlier years. You have to be gentle with him. Slowly coax it out of him. Here, let me show you.”

Turning back to Gelivir.

“SPEAK SENCE YOU CRUSTY OLD HORSE TURD!” Hugo shouts this while slapping the old halfy multiple times.
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:42 pm
Gelivir sputters- "I don't know where the bleeding thing is! Last I heard the giants were trying to locate all the lost pieces, presumably to rebuild the menace. It's purpose is to slay dragons, but mark my words- there will be more than dragons that suffer if they get that colossus on the march again. But an eye is all you care about eh? Well I suppose yer gonna have to have a wee little chat with some fire giants. Always thought they were cordial creatures, excepting for all the hellfire and brimstone..."
Hugo
Hugo

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:17 pm
“Wait...this vonidoodle thingy is the colossal terror the Giants are trying to rebuild?!”
Hugo
Hugo

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:19 pm
“And did you just say we need to TALK to fire Giants?!?! You do know a few of them tried to step on us just the other day!!?”
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 pm
"I heard some fire giants were visiting Triboar just the other day, I'm sure if you just found out which inn they were staying at...And it's yer own ruddy fault if you get stepped on! Can't be blaming giants just cause they're so ugly! I mean, big!"
Hugo
Hugo

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 pm
"Wouldn't you know it, we actually bumped into them while in Triboar! They were as friendly as they could be......they made a lovely little cooking fire out of said inn and roasted up a few villagers for supper!"

"Is there anything more you know about the Vandersod?"
"Is there anyone who knows about fire giants and how to get one to chat with you?"
"And you have to tell me where you got that belt because I'm really in need of a new one."
Hugo
Hugo

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 pm
"And another thing: what's with all the rats around Waterdeep lately? We've had folks complaining about it to us nonstop since we got here! I notice they're not around here aside from your normal one or two; what's your secret?"
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am
"Fraid I can't help you much more when it comes to the Randertod. The giants built it, it blew up, and they are trying to rebuild it, so hopefully it blew up into really small bits! Talking with a fire giant? I suppose you could just walk up to Ironslag and knock on the front door. Maybe talk about the weather. Speaking of weather, this rain doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon does it? Rats? What rats? I haven't seen any-

A rat suddenly runs across Gelivir's foot.

"AHHHHH BY YONDALLA! YOU BLEEDING MENACE!" Gelivir throws his fishing rod at the rat as it scurries away. "What's with all the rats these days?" Gelivir mutters to himself as he gets up and begins to walk away.

"This belt? Why, I bought it from Cholfoots Fine Wares of course! Halflings have to support other halflings, now don't they!"

With that final sentence,, Gelivir skips away, singing a little ditty about toadstools.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum